I'm still on my health food kick, so here is a recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth without sending you into insulin shock. I found it on http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/ and it was submitted by Alejandra from New York, NY.
Vanilla-Flecked Coconut Macaroons
3 egg whites
1 cup white granulated sugar, raw honey or sugar substitute (I used a substitute)
2.5 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1 whole vanilla bean
5 ounces semisweet chocolate
1. Mix the egg whites, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
In case you've never used vanilla bean, that's one pictured above. They claim there are seeds inside but it all looked like brown mush to me.
2. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise down the middle and scrape all of the seeds into the bowl. Mix again making sure to evenly distribute the vanilla seeds. You should see tiny specks of black throughout
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop and mold mixture into 12 lumps and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until the tips of the coconut turn golden brown. Let cool completely on the pan.
5. Melt chocolate in a double boiler (I use one small pan set inside a larger pan with water in it) and heat just until chocolate melts.
6. Dip spatula into the melted chocolate and wave over the macaroon about 4 or 5 inches above the tray. Let the chocolate drizzle down in a zig-zag pattern and let cool.